Member Update #11 – Covid-19
July 02, 2020 at 9:29 AM
Firstly, I want to take this opportunity to recognize and thank all our members who are working on the front lines and behind the scenes during this pandemic. Your efforts and sacrifices are not going unnoticed at this difficult time.
Since our last update, more changes have taken place as part of the province’s third phase of reopening. At the City of Winnipeg, more services have resumed or are planning to resume, including:
- The partial reopening of the Council Building at City Hall for in-person delegations and meetings with elected officials;
- The full reopening of the City Clerk’s Department front counter;
- The reopening of the City Archives research room by appointment;
- The reopening of five more library branches: Louis Riel, St. Boniface, St. James, Sir Williamson and Transcona;
- Outdoor pools and wading pools to reopen as early as Friday, July 3;
- Summer day camps for preschool, children and youth are expected to start July 6.
Whether your workplace is re-opening now, or has been open throughout the pandemic, it’s important to follow all workplace health and safety guidelines and public health advice. Please refer to CUPE’s general guidance and leading health and safety practices while we continue to work during a pandemic by visiting: https://cupe.ca/health-and-safety-practices-while-working-during-pandemic-all-sectors.
CUPE has also developed sector-specific resource documents intended to assist employers and members in preventing workplace exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19. You can find these documents at https://cupe.ca/preventing-exposure-covid-19-sector-specific-resources.
If you have concerns or additional questions, please speak with your supervisor or reach out to your shop steward or one of your unit executive officers.
Please stay safe and continue to take care of each other.
President, CUPE LOCAL 500